Thursday, November 03, 2005

Practical example: Thailand

David Mould has posted something in com-prac@yahoogroups.com with regard to his experiences with communities of practice in Thailand:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/com-prac/message/5690

I recognised especially his important point about the extensive social networks (from the countries I worked in), which are very effective in getting questions and answers across. He states that the community of practice has to add additional value to be an alternative to this system. I wonder about the differences; the social networks are not typically centered around a certain practice. I also wonder how you may use the power of these networks for CoP purposes? (nice question to take along on my trip to Ghana and it reminds me that I read an article on social networks in Ghana I may review. It also reminds me that I may read old messages of com-prac to see which other practical examples of CoPs in the south are shared...)

No comments: