Tailor-made advisory trajectories about networking or (online) communities. I work organisations who would like to start, grow or evaluate networks and communities. I believe in the power of self-directed learning processes by professionals, and learning from practice. I actually experienced the power of a supporting community of practice when I worked as a professional for SNV, the Dutch developement organisation in Ghana, Mali and Ethiopia. After that, I decided to specialize myself in the functioning of communities of practice and am now a member of CPsquare, a community about communities. Social media are important tools in my advisory practice because they make it possible to exchange rapidly and on a wider scale than face-to-face. Examples of assignments:
- Support during the design, start-up and implementation fases of networks and communities, like an exploratory research or the facilitation of a design session with a group of convenors. (klick herr for an example of work done in collaboration with learningalliances, or see the Forest Landscape Restoration Network
- Social network analysis within organisations or networks.
- Evaluate and do action or practice research regarding communities, networks or knowledge management initiatives. See the evaluation of the knowledge project by Oxfam Novib.
- Provide tailor-made workshops and trainings (often online or with an online component about the use of social media with organisations or by learning professionals like trainers, teachers or facilitators.
- Facilitate change/ learning trajectories within organisations to support informal learning or innovation processes whereby professional use of social media is pivotal.
Post a Comment