Thursday, February 11, 2010

Backchannels during presentations

I'm reading the backchannel. A backchannel is an online means of communication between the audience and between the audience and the speakers. The book has very good tips how to use a Twitter backchannel to make presentations more interactive. On the one hand I find it very interesting- how to use the audience thoughts and feelings during a presentation. On the other hand I think a presentation is NOT an very pro-active method, so shouldn't you simply not choose other more interactive methods? You choose a presentation form only when you think there is an expert who can put people quickly up to speed with a certain topic.

Then I found this youtube video from the muppets (through Wilma van den Brink) and I found it explains in a very humorous way what the downsides are of having a backchannel...

No comments: