Saturday, October 28, 2006

The blog birthday

Photo by Thom Watson

One year (and four days) ago I started this blog with this blogpost... A nice moment to list all my previous blogposts about blogging:

  1. How to read blogs
  2. What is a blog?
  3. Blogging communities
  4. blogging ripples
  5. Knowing the number of subscribers to your blog
  6. Blogging popular amongst Arab women
  7. David Maister on blogging
  8. Using mobile phone and SMS to blog
  9. Some blogging reflections
  10. Blog mentoring projects
  11. Blogging and development
  12. My pathway into blogging
  13. How to start blogging
  14. Iraqi bloggers

Britt Bravo started a nice, practical blog Basic blogging for women (with lots of tips for men as well :)

Now, one year, 4 days, 240 posts, 57 blogs on my blogroll and over 90 subscribers and 6,600 views later, I'm very happy that I started blogging and don't think it will be easy to stop. It has focused my readings and stimulated me to interview people, plus it's a place to write down my own experiences. I guess I imagined the blog to be more factual than it is now. Gruadually I've include some of my personal experiences which make me think of aspects related to communities of practice. It's become a great archive for myself. If I had blogged since I learned how to write, it would be a documentation of my thinking too. On the other hand, there are many interesting experiences and discussions which I don't blog, mostly for privacy reasons.

Thursday someone asked me whether I have children, so I responded, yes and a job and we were joking about the rest of the list (a car? a dog?). Next time, I should probably summarize my life by saying I have a job, two children and a blog.

2 comments:

Beth Kanter said...

Happy Birthday! Can't believe it's been a whole year! Wow, you've accomplished alot!!!

Britt Bravo said...

Mmm. That cake looks good. Happy Birthday and thanks for the shout out!