Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Culture: Cross-Cultural Communication (C3)

The paper on cross-cultural communication I talked about a few posts ago is downloadable from the CPsquare newsblog. We wrote the paper as part of the seven-weeks online Foundations of communities of practice workshop, highly recommended if you want to learn more about communities of practice or want to have a crazy online experience (or both). So if you are interested to read the full paper you can download it there.

On communication: I remember we had a chatsession with a guest speaker in that workshop, who talked about for the first time about C3. Nobody really asked about the term, and I assumed it was the C of community (after all that was the C word most often dropped in the workshop) till someone checked and he explained that C3= cross-cultural communication. So you checking for correct understanding is very important (but hard in blogs). Let's try if I can trackback to their trackback.

2 comments:

John David Smith said...

I'll try to find out what's wrong with track-backs on the CPsquare blog.

Anonymous said...

A couple of days ago I downloaded the report and I finished reading it today. I enjoyed reading it and I learnt a lot as well. I will certainly save the text and come back to it every now and then. I have worked a lot with groups of volunteers from different countries and cultures and I myself life in a different country than were I come from, so I could somehow relate to many things and stories. Reading the paper made me think of my own strong and weak points in cross-cultural communication. Thanks, Joitske, for directing me to your paper!